Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I am in a serious struggle

I was laid off last week. It had something to do with my approaching the company founder - Augustus Grassis and offering him equity in juwo if he would allow me to work on it full time. I had previously asked my manager for vacation and openly told him I would be working on juwo for the Android contest. This rankled them. (I guess it would be fine if I spent two weeks on the beach, but not if I were programming on a personal project). Also juwo had been excluded in the non-compete agreement I signed when I joined them. They said they needed to cut jobs. They said my heart was not in my work. It was true; my heart was in juwo even though I met their project deadlines.

I failed before. Now I need more than ever, to make this entrepreneur thing work. To earn a living.

No comments: