Friday, April 6, 2007

How to make your software easier to use?

"juwo, in its present state, is not easy to use". I have heard this enough times that I am taking it very seriously. I have been thinking about this everyday because I really need to make juwo, easier to use if anyone is to use it!
(If you need a demo or wish to run it and give me suggestions, feel free to email me. Anil AT juwo DOT com).

The KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle is useful, however you also need to balance it with Einstein's dictum: "Make it as simple as possible, but no simpler".
This thought popped into my head yesterday as I was pondering how to make juwo easier to use.
My dog KC, has 4 legs. To make it simpler, one could cut out (ok, ok, not literally!) two legs. After all, many mammals, birds etc have two.
Would that be better, or worse?




important principle:

understand and identify the core concept before attempting to strip off layers you think are unnecessary.

Any suggestions? (on juwo!)

No comments: